Tuesday 14 August 2012

To York, and Beyond!

This afternoon found Me catching the 1435 from Poulton-Le-Fylde, bound for York.  I had never been there before, but I'd heard great things about that city.  I am doubly lucky that My slave is an historian and as such is professionally acquainted with York, so I was going to have a more intimate glimpse of it than any casual visitor.

The journey was long, about 2h30m, and although it was a beautiful afternoon and I had the benefit both of Vivaldi in My ears and the slave at My touch, towards the end it began to drag a bit.  In hindsight, this was probably because I was uncertain if he'd be there, waiting for Me as I expected.  I have experienced so many time-wasters over the years that this was very much an option.  I needn't have worried.  he was there.  I know he felt the same, because a few short minutes away from arriving I received a text message asking if I'd just walked past him!  Of course I was quick to reassure, and a short while later arrived in York.

I was the last passenger off the train - mainly because I'd dropped the ticket on the floor of the carriage and as I was alighting onto the platform, suddenly realised that it was not in My pocket.  The dishy conductor reopened the door, and I found it on the floor, near where I'd been sitting.  I had a brief view of My boi on the other side of the barrier from the end carriage, so I knew he was there, and that gave Me much pleasure - knowing that he was genuine.  This is the first time I have travelled to meet a boi, usually it is the other way round, but as I was on leave and our conversations so fruitful, I decided to make sure I did not lose this one through endless chatting - and work, though still far away in the future, looms nevertheless and so I decided to make hay while the sun did its thing and shone brightly.

I showed the guards the newly-rescued ticket, and went up to meet 235.  I'd given some thought as to how I would greet him and had decided on a firm handshake, which is what he got.  We moved away, up the stairs, I ruffled his hair affectionately, and soon he was  making polite conversation about the train trip and telling Me about the city.  I motioned us towards a bench at the bus station, because I wanted to remove My coat - it was quite warm - and also to make space in the knapsack, so I gave him the bread I'd baked for him that morning and replaced it with the windbreaker.  he had also read the same weather report as I, for he had also come prepared, so it was good to gather our gear, take a breath, and continue.

In order to smooth our meeting and calm any anxieties he might have had about physically meeting, I'd asked him to make contact with 457 (whose blog he'd read and enjoyed very much, and had been quite impressed by) in Australia via recon, so that he could learn a little about Me and also know that I was not a crazy nutter.  he did as I'd asked, and reported back positively, so that is another connection he as made.  I have told both the pup and him about each other, but they have not had permission to talk to each other yet.

My first impressions were that he was exactly what I'd expected him to be.  This is not as mundane a statement as it might seem, because the last person I'd met off a website (Grindr, actually) did not look like his picture at all, so this really did make online gay dating history!   Not only did he look like I expected, but he also measured up to My expectations as a slave.  he is everything I want in a boi, barring a few necessary modifications and refinements, which we have already discussed, and regular readers will be aware of My preferences.

I was immediately struck by his respectful attitude, and realised that this was a slave that needs a Master to guide, help, protect, nurture and develop.  I steered him towards a pub, and gave him the opportunity to be of service and arrange the drinks - I allowed him to choose a drink of his own, while I had a refreshing Aspwhateveritis cider, which went down like a dream after that long train ride.

As we spoke, it became clear to Me that following My instincts had been the right course of action to take.  On the train I had to keep reminding Myself to go slowly, to allow things to develop, and the more we talked, the more right I felt about owning him, so much so that I declared My intentions quite plainly.  I explained to him that I did not want him to be snatched away from Me, and so I was staking My claim then and there.  he agreed.

he told Me that he was not going anywhere, and that there was all the time in the world to sort these things out, which was oil on troubled water.  The discussion ranged over many subjects after those important bits had been blurted out, and before long I had him ring the restaurant to tell them that we were going to be about ten minutes late.  As we still had most of the pint to go, leaving was out of the question!  We were getting on like the proverbial house and flame.

I had put the finding of the restaurant and taking care of the booking squarely on his shoulders, and he did not disappoint: it was well chosen, a nice Italian, and not a chain.  I decided on olives and bread to start, with us sharing calamari and antipasti.  For mains, I ordered spaghetti amatriciana (yes, I know it should go with rigatoni or penne, but I like spaghetti - or better still, linguine) which they very kindly made up for us as it was not a standard menu item.  Bacon is not one of the boi's favourite things, but as I had avoided ordering the bruschetta, he had to make do with the bacon - and I did not hear him complain, rather the contrary.  We enjoyed a bottle of their house red (a whole litre for £15, a merlot, so that was nice) and then finished with ice cream.  So the meal was a success, and coming after breaking My fast with G that morning, it was the second thing I'd eaten all day - apart from a punnet of strawberries in the train.

The conversation did not ebb and flow.  It flowed and flowed and flowed.  There were funny bits, sad bits, and serious bits.  Bits about the past, bits about the future.  Confidential bits, Master and slave bits.   I was very happy with the meal and the discussion surrounding it.  

Time was flying too quickly, so I delayed My departure by an hour, catching the 2114 to Manchester Picadilly.  Only just catching it, I must stress.  We very nearly missed it, which would have been a bit of a disaster because it was the last train!

The return journey was occupied sending and answering text messages until each others' batteries died.

he has been given several instructions, one of which is to start implementing the dress requirements of the Training Contract.  The picture shows My new boi in training, dressed appropriately as per the requirements of his Master.

Already he shows great promise, and so a meeting has been arranged for him to come to Me next time.  I do believe that we need to have many common interests, and our conversations showed that we do, and that we think very much alike on things that matter.

Our meeting tonight was everything that I could have hoped it would be, and so I returned home just before midnight, read his blog posting, and then sat down to write this while it was still fresh in My memory.

I was right about York.  Now for the Beyond!