Friday 17 August 2012

The Padlock is Engraved and Ready

Today I collected the padlock from the engraver.  I took the opportunity to engrave 628's padlock as well, so that his has also now been done.  I don't have him use the padlock much - but having needed it the night we went looking for the dungeon party, I realised that it was still outstanding.  I usually have him wear a puppy collar not the chain collar, but it is a very useful sign that he's owned at such dos.

Heaven knows what the engraver (an old man, in his late seventies) must think.  

I have prepared 235's for his collaring on Saturday next, and so, like the others, I'll lead him into the workshop, measure and cut a length of stainless steel chain to fit around his neck, and enclose it with his own padlock.  Before he leaves, I shall give him a vanilla collar to wear, similar to 628 and 589, so that he remains collared in York.  he is under strict instructions to leave it on at all times, and never to remove it.  Only I have that right.

And so his formal training will begin.  We are both looking forward to it.